Check out the latest article recently published by our Doctor in Desert Health News. This should give us some additional insight into how sugar affects our bodies.
Our first line of defense against the coronavirus and other viruses is a strong immune system. In addition to cutting out sugar and processed foods, consider the following for a natural immune system boost:
Food and nutrients — Protein found in lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds help your body repair tissue and fight infection. Studies show that amino acids in protein, such as arginine and glutamine, increase your body’s ability to heal and decrease inflammation.
Vitamins and minerals — Eating foods full of vitamins such as leafy greens and vegetables are a great way to strengthen your immune system in order to stay healthy all season.
Along with zinc and B vitamins:
- Vitamin A helps boosts immunity, lowers your risk of infection and supports wound healing through collagen strengthening. Snack on squash, sweet potatoes, dark leafy greens, cantaloupe, wild-caught Alaskan salmon, organic pastured eggs and grassfed beef to increase your consumption of vitamin A.
- Vitamin D plays a big part in immune health and can be found in limited quantities in some of our foods but the ideal way to optimize your levels is via sunshine. Be active out in the sun before 10am and after 3pm.
- Vitamin C-rich foods include citrus fruits, such as tangerines and limes, along with leafy greens, bell peppers and broccoli. Berries are another great source of vitamin C in addition to other antioxidants which they contain that support your immune response and help to rebuild collagen.
Fiber —Soluble and insoluble as found in whole foods is very beneficial to our immune system. It does this by providing a proper balance of the gut microbiome and thus allowing for better absorption of the nutrition we ingest.
Sleep —Lack of sleep quickly decreases your immune function, leaving your system wide-open for environmental influences, including viruses like colds and flu. Be sure to get a full night’s rest daily.
Combining each of the above into your daily routine will help keep your immune system in optimal shape and help fight off any insults that our bodies receive, including the Corona virus.
Direct Primary Care is a new way of accessing Health Care. In this article, published in Desert Health News, we elaborate more on this model of Health CARE delivery.
Corona, Flu and Cold viruses, how to reduce your chances of exposure.
Follow these recommendations everyday:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 25 seconds.
- If you don’t have access to soap and water, carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- If your hands have not been washed, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch using a regular household cleaning spray or a disinfectant wipe.
- If someone is sick, avoid close contact with that person.
We want to take this opportunity to thank our loving families, patients and friends. With your support, we have opened the first Direct Primary Care practice in the Coachella Valley. It is an honor and a pleasure to provide direct-primary, geriatric, home and nursing home care to our members.
Interested in our services? We invite you to call, text or email us to set up a free meet and greet session. At this session you will talk with our Doctor and can clarify any questions you may have regarding our practice and also determine if we are a good fit. See you soon.
We are now in the process of finishing our location furnishing and final touches. We expect our El Paseo location to open shortly. In the meantime we are doing complementary home visits to discuss our service offerings and to see if we are a good fit together. Since our practice memberships will be limited to a small number don’t delay as we will fill up rapidly. Call or text us today to set up a complementary home meet and greet appointment.
It’s been a great journey! In working to provide an environment that is conducive to healthy conversations, we have looked far and wide for an accessible, safe and vibrant location. We will get keys to our newly built location shortly and soon after, complete the furnishing and decoration process. We are excited to meet with you to discuss all that we offer. Call or text our number to set up a complimentary meet and greet appointment. Take advantage of our introductory pricing for membership which is full of great value that will follow you as long as you are a member. See you soon!!